THIS ITEM IS OBSOLETE
This item obsolete and has been replaced by the VIPA PROFIBUS Repeat - 920-1BB10.
The PROFIBUS DP Repeater B1 tackles technological limitations of existing repeaters. This compact and easy to use network component complies with the requirements of the demanding modern industry.
The advanced 12 Mbps core of the B1 is identical as the ProfiHub; it can be cascaded without limitations and has increased RS 485 strength. It does not have the frustrating short-circuit bug and the data is constantly monitored for glitches which are digitally filtered out. Every channel has on-board switchable termination and able to drive 31 devices.
The removable screw terminals of the PROFIBUS interface are pinned-out in a way that reversed mounting of the repeater does not impact existing wiring. A DB9 connector is provided for ProfiTrace.
The redundant power supply enables applications where high availability is required.
- 1 Isolated channel (2 segments)
- Increased RS 485 strength
- 31 devices per segment
- 1200 m cable length (depends on the baudrate)
- No limit in cascading
- Redundant power supply (19..28 VDC)
- Transparent for all PROFIBUS DP protocols
- Suitable for PROFIsafe and MPI
- 9.6 kbps .. 12 Mbps (automatic detection)
- No address required
- Integrated termination (switches)
- Diagnostic LEDs to indicate the status of the bus
- Removable screw terminals and 1 DB9 connector
- Din-rail mounting
- IP 20